HVAC systems can sometimes go out unexpectedly, and it’s often difficult for homeowners to have money on hand for these unforeseen moments. Financing your heating and heating and cooling system can make it possible for you to avoid a gap in comfortable home temperatures.
How Financing Your HVAC System Can Help
There are a number of benefits to financing your HVAC system, including:
- Peace of mind—If you have to pay for a new heating and cooling system from your own cash flow, it can put considerable stress on your budget. When you finance, you can make monthly payments instead of having to count pennies after such a huge investment.
- Customer service—When you work with a reputable and dependable HVAC company, the continued relationship you’re able to build can help you know your system is in good hands.
- Energy savings—Older units that have begun to wear down can end up raising your energy costs quite a bit. A new system, especially if it’s a more energy efficient model, can save you enough money that it helps even out some of the cost of financing. For instance, if you replace a 10 SEER model with an 18 SEER, you can expect to save as much as 48 percent annually in cooling utility costs.
Benefits that Come with Financing
HVAC companies work with lending institutions that extend lines of credit. While every institution is different, customers can expect to have many of the following benefits:
- A simple and fast application process
- An expedited credit decision
- No annual fees or prepayment penalties
- Monthly online statements
- Periodic promotional opportunities
- Low minimum monthly payments
- No liens recorded
- Multiple payment options, such as online, direct withdrawal and regular mail
- Current credit lines stay available
- No fees, points or closing costs
- Monthly payments and fixed rates
- No home equity requirement
How to Apply for Financing
Lending institutions will use documentation to make their decision, including the amount of credit they’ll extend and your interest rate. Important documentation includes pay stubs and a credit report. Letters of recommendation may also be helpful if you don’t have established credit or if your credit is poor.
If you’re considering financing for your new heating and cooling system, contact your HVAC company. You’ll be able to get thorough information about what type of financing you can receive and which HVAC system might be best for you.